An important action taken for climate justice in Canada, is the presentation of The Leap Manifesto by Naomi Klein at COP 21: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxKvAvWRP1I. It is a document that provides the people’s vision of a justice-based transition away from fossil fuels. Add your name to the 31,312 people who have already signed it!
This past week, several climate gatherings took place in Paris like the theft of 196 chairsfrom the French bank “BP Paribas”, the Pinocchio Awards for Sustainable Development, and theGlobal village of alternatives.
Food & Agriculture
So, I know I already talked about Cowspiracy in a previous newsletter, but I’ve watched it since then and I really encourage you to watch it too! As opposed to other environmental documentaries, it’s not afraid of telling us the real truth about the causes of climate change…
Initiatives & events
In Kingston, ON, Canada:
– Kingston Climate Action Speakers Series starting tomorrow with Peter Ladner: Urban Food Revolution
– Limestone Organic Creamery at a 20min drive from Kingston
– Tara Natural Foods, a natural food store in downtown Kingston
– John’s, a local grocer next to the Beer Store on Princess
– Verde, an “environmental general store” on Princess
“L’écologie est aussi et surtout un problème culturel. Le respect de l’environnement passe par un grand nombre de changements comportementaux.” – Nicolas Hulot